Monastic Cape is one of my favorite places in Kandalaksha.
The unfinished hotel on the Monastery Cape burned down yesterday..
That’s especially disconcerning given that about a week ago a tourist hut on top of Mount Volostnaya overlooking the city burned down too.
The event is organized by Northern Squad.
A medieval fair is part of the festival, and merchants are invited.
Location: Monastery Cape, just east from the city. This happening coincides with the sailing regatta.
Location: Monastery Cape, east end of Kandalaksha. Organized by the Chupa Yacht Club. Last year’s event attracted a major crowd said to number 2500+. Details >>
The length of “the sun above the horizon” day is down to one hour. Driven by the thirst for sunrays we went to the Monastery Cape and spent the entire “day” there.
The classics: museums and souvenirs
- Museum of Kandalaksha History
- Museum of the Kandalaksha Nature Reserve, where you can view film documentaries not available anywhere else
- Private museum of publisher V.P. Garkotin. By appointment only.
- Bagryanitsa workshop
- All-sort-of-stuff store
- Museum of the History of the Niva Hydroelectric Stations Cascade (by prior arrangement only)
- Museum of the Train Depot (by prior arrangement only)
For nature lovers