We’ve personally visited it today and are happy to provide this report.
The village of Kolvitsa is 30km east from Kandalaksha, near the Kandalaksha to Umba and Varzuga road. The guesthouse will suite those travelling along the route or those whose destination is Kolvitsa itself. The Kolvitsa Bay, where the guesthouse is situated, is one of the most picturesque places along the south edge of the Kola peninsula. Artists like coming here. Click here to see some pictures painted in Kolvitsa. Also Kolvitsa is good for sea, river, and lake fishing, picking mushrooms and berries, or just walking around.
Responses left in the guestbook often mention house owners’ hospitality, the place’s coziness, and presence of a banya. Guests are especially delighted by homemade bread and pirogies, jams, fresh fish, and a deck with a spectacular view.
The head of the household is an excellent cook. On request he’ll take care of keeping you well fed using vegetables from his greenhouse and his own home-made preserves, such as pickled or marinated mushrooms and vegetables, jams etc.
The house’s capacity is 7 persons. If needed, two more places can be set up on the living room couch. There are three small separate rooms, a living room, a summer kitchen, two toilets and two showers, hot water, washing machine, satellite TV, a deck with a view onto the sea and mountains, a barbeque grill, dishes, parking, safety vests for those wishing to use a boat, and of course linen. No limit on how much water and electricity guests can use. There is a spring right by the house!
Rooms and bathrooms are thoughtfully organized and supplied with all the little things a traveller may need.
Two kitchens and two dining spaces: one in the house and another one on the deck.
- Adults – 1250 roubles/person/night (up to 8 persons)
- Children under 10 – 50% off
- Boat rental, paddles – 500 roubles for 5 hours
- Rental of an inflatable boat Badger-370 with an 8hp Suzuki motor – 1200 for 5 hours
- Rental of an inflatable boat Badger-370 with an 18hp Tohatsu motor – 1700 roubles for 5 hours.
- Snowmobile rental – 1000 roubles/hour
- Sauna – 500 roubles/person, up to 3 hours
- Meeting at the train station and transfer from Kandalaksha to Kolvitsa – 500 roubles
- Means (breakfast, dinner) can be arranged
Attention! Owners don’t speak English. We will help you communicate if needed. Send up a copy to email@example.com when contacting them.