Irrived in Moscow yesterday at 11:35am. First impressions after being away for over two years:
(1) Neatness and cleanliness leaning towards glamour.
(2) Huge police presence.
(3) A conspicuous number of Muslim-dressed people seen on Moscow streets.
(4) The traffic situation appears to be less of a problem than three years ago although this impression may be misleading as I arrived on Saturday, when traffic is not always high.
(5) Lots of bicycles. The colour of the season is white. And folding kick scooters all over not seen at all in 2013 Moscow.
(6) Public bicycle rental is all over, both in the city center and in the outskirts.
(7) Moscow is now more pedestrian-friendly than before.
(8) The beard fashion is in.
(9) Electronic devices have replaced books. Hardly any books read by people in the Metro.
Let me use this opportunity to remind that for the next couple of weeks I’m in Moscow, and ready to meet in person anyone wishing to see me. Just write to firstname.lastname@example.org or call +7 921 155 5432.