On the last weekend of May, as usual, there was a water tourism competition where rivers Kola and Kitsa merge.
The regatta starts with a qualifying commission at Sonostrov on June 27 2015. Then the regatta moves through Umba (June 29), and Kandalaksha (June 30). A so-called “port race” will be held in Kandalaksha for the Kandalaksha Administration prize. The place to observe the race is from the Monastyrski Navolok (east end of Kandalaksha). The race ends on July 3 in Chupa, Karelia. Participants, spectators, and event sponsors are invited.
We are starting to get enquiries about the best time to visit these places. Speaking of May, when the first surge of visitors happens, the average temperature in May is about 10 ° C. However, it can be up to 20 on certain days. Sometimes you can even sunbathe and ride a bike at the end of May. But there is still snow in the mountains so biking and sunbathing can be combined with mountain skiing or snowboarding.
Happened on Sept. 21 down from Volosyanaya (Volostnaya) hill.
More photos here.
The classics: museums and souvenirs
- Museum of Kandalaksha History
- Museum of the Kandalaksha Nature Reserve, where you can view film documentaries not available anywhere else
- Private museum of publisher V.P. Garkotin. By appointment only.
- Bagryanitsa workshop
- All-sort-of-stuff store
- Museum of the History of the Niva Hydroelectric Stations Cascade (by prior arrangement only)
- Museum of the Train Depot (by prior arrangement only)
For nature lovers
A reminder by Murmansk cyclists that they exist and deserve respect. The event starts at 2pm from the filling station at the crossing of Kolsky prospekt and ulitsa Kooperativnaya, by an advertising billboard. Found at www.hibiny.com.